The final decision to try acoustic ceiling removing is not one thing most men and women bounce into without a little bit of forethought. There are both professionals and cons to think about before creating a selection to possibly preserve that popcorn ceiling or scrape it off and swap it with some kind of wall texture. I have experimented with to go over the most vital challenges in this posting to enable you make the selection very best for your condition.
The Pros of Acoustic Ceiling Elimination
- The cash: Acoustic removing usually improves the value and marketability of your home, from time to time considerably. A textured ceiling is by most opinions much more attractive and prospective buyers will pay back for what they like.
- Elimination decreases the nesting destinations for bugs this sort of as dust mites and spiders. In my working experience, it is more very likely than not to see spider webs on close evaluation of an older acoustic ceiling.
- Due to the fact the tough acoustic ceiling texture tends to entice mild and create a shadowing influence replacing with modern day knockdown or related texture can make the home show up a great deal brighter and more open.
- The new ceiling can be painted the exact same coloration as the partitions or a distinct coloration if you need. You are not trapped with an “acoustic white” or a person of the shades of yellow acoustic tends to switch around the decades.
- Cleaning the dust and filth that accumulates all-around ceiling vents and ceiling supporters is up coming to unattainable with out harming and/or producing a mess of acoustic kernels on an acoustic ceiling.
The Drawbacks of Acoustic Ceiling Elimination
- The cash: Eliminating a popcorn ceiling, repairing the drywall, applying texture, priming and finally painting can be quite expensive if accomplished by a contractor.
- From time to time acoustic is utilized since that gnarly texture hides hurt. Hidden drywall hurt usually implies more time wanted from the crew’s drywall patch masters, together with extra materials which of course equals more cash out of your pocket.
- The removing process can be a ton of function if accomplished on your own. There is a ton of data out there on the world wide web to enable guidebook you by way of the process. In actuality, our web site, BigRehab.com, has a systematic handbook on the process. Elimination is really hard function that needs a specific level of skill, skill that only arrives with working experience. Prior to getting on the removing of an whole home, I extremely propose you get began by accomplishing a compact bed room or office to sizing up what you are getting into. Several faults in coating the drywall or applying the texture will not be viewed until finally the paint is utilized and has dried.
- Some popcorn/acoustic ceilings include asbestos. If your ceiling includes asbestos previously mentioned the threshold level you should adhere to your point out and regional guidelines concerning removing and disposal of this dangerous waste product or service. This will include things like many air samples, protecting apparel and respiration gear, specialized sealers, portable showers, heppa air filtration, and so on. Can you see the bucks piling up but? Asbestos removing is quite expensive.
Popcorn or Texture
As you think about these challenges and arrive to a final decision do not forget a person of the most vital variables: You. Is wanting at people unsightly ceilings one thing you want to do for the relaxation of the time you own your home? In the long run optional home improvement initiatives this sort of as eliminating your popcorn ceiling arrive down to what your need is for the home you live in.